How To Install Minecraft Mods
Install Minecraft Mods for ForgeVideo Tutorial & Text Tutorial
1. Download the Minecraft Forge Installer for the version you need.
Choose "Installer" and download it.
"Installer" is a .jar file, if you are on Windows - you can also download the "Windows Installer".Download Forge Installer
2. After you installed Forge by executing the file (double-click), you have to run Minecraft once, select the Forge profile and click Play. Now after you started Minecraft with the "Forge-Profile" once, the mods folder got created in your ".minecraft" folder.
3. Find the Minecraft mods folder.
- On Windows: Press Windows + R, type %appdata% and press ENTER - Now you can open ".minecraft" folder and see the mods folder.
- On Mac: Open the Desktop, press Command + Shift + G, type ~/Library and press ENTER; then open 'Application Support' and finally '.minecraft'.
- On Linux: Open a terminal window, type "xdg-open ~/.minecraft"... or just type "cd ~/.minecraft".
4. Drag your downloaded Minecraft Mod into your mods folder. (Example)
Download a mod on our website ModForest - Minecraft Mods. After you downloaded a mod for the same Forge version, just drag the .jar file into the mods folder. Remember a minecraft mod for the Java Edition / PC is always a .jar file.